Industriya Marikina is a new casual dining restaurant in Marikina City that serves international and local dishes in a classy, retro-style dining setting. The restaurant is owned by a family that has been manufacturing shoes in Marikina since the early 40's. When asked why they decided to open a restaurant, the owners said "we love to travel and try different cuisines, and food a common passion in our family."
The restaurant stands on a property where the owners used to have their old leather tanning factory. Instead of demolishing the old building to give way to the restaurant, the owners decided to salvage and make use of the old parts of the structure as design elements for the restaurant.
Solid wood panels and beams were transformed into dining table surfaces, wall tiles and floor panels, while the artistically crafted metal frames were used as accents to the windows, ceiling and stairwell.
Italian-made machines from the 40's which were used for generations in manufacturing shoes have been clean, repainted and displayed inside the restaurant. Wooden shoe molds are also used as interior accents inside the restaurant.
Leather used in making shoes are then used as leather covers for chair cushions and sofas. Incorporating elements of shoe manufacturing into the interior design is consistent with the owner's intention of branding the restaurant as the family's tribute to the shoe making industry of Marikina. Moreover, the overall ambiance of the restaurant will provide its guests with a dining experience that is distinctly Marikina.
Now, let's talk about their food. Industriya Marikina serves a variety of cuisines, from Chinese to Japanese, from Italian to American, and to good old classic Filipino cuisine. For a new restaurant such as Industriya Marikina, that's quite overwhelming.
While this may be a disadvantage for restaurants located somewhere else in Metro Manila, the wide variety of dishes is definitely an edge for Industriya Marikina, especially that the restaurant has a huge market for events such as weddings, birthday celebrations, and other corporate and commercial functions.
During our visit, we were able to sample some of the best-sellers of Industriya Marikina. Majority of their dishes are good for sharing and is best shared by a group of two to four persons. Here's a preview of what you can expect from their menu:
|Roasted Pumpkin Soup|
|Industriya House Salad|
|Gambas al Ojillo|
|Fettuccine Thermidor de la Mer|
|All Meat Pizza|
|Pan Seared Tenderloin|
Finally, for dessert, we got to try three different ones. First was the Cheesecake (P220.00) made of 100% pure cream cheese, and topped with mixed berries. The next one was the Sansrival (P100.00) and the other one was the Choco Lava Cake (P98.00). Their desserts are made in-house by a pastry chef. Among the three, my favorite was the cheesecake.
In addition to the main dining hall, Industriya Marikina also has private rooms that can cater to small groups of 20 to up to 50 persons. A minimal consumable amount starting at P5,000.00 is required to book these private rooms. No additional fees for the venue will be charged. These private rooms are ideal for small parties and celebrations such as Baptism, Birthday Parties, and Company Functions.
Bigger groups of 150 to 400 persona can be hosted at Industriya Marikina's fully airconditioned event venue located at the back of the main restaurant. Consumable amount starting at P30,000.00 is the only requirement to book the events venue. No fees for the venue will be charged. The events venue is ideal for big celebrations such as Weddings, Debut Balls, and big Company Functions.
Part of the Events Place package is the free use of one private suite which can serve as dressing room for the celebrants during the event. Buffet packages start at P295.00 per person to up to P695.00 per person, depending on the number and type of dishes.
Here's what we like about Industriya Marikina:
- There's a wide selection of cuisines and dishes, and serving size is good for sharing. Dishes are well executed, straightforward and not pretentious.
- Prices are very reasonable considering the good quality of the food and the serving size. The restaurant is perfect for families or barkada gatherings. Events packages are also very reasonable.
- For a restaurant that is on soft opening, Industriya Marikina is really doing a great job. Food service was fast and accurate. There's enough staff to serve all customers even during the busy hours of lunch and dinner.
- We are impressed by the work done on the restaurant's interior. The restaurant is consistently clean, and is spacious. The air conditioning keeps the area comfortably cool even during lunchtime. The music matches the overall cozy theme of the interior. The bathroom is well maintained. There's ample space for parking.
- It was love at first sight. We totally enjoyed our dining experience at Industriya Marikina. We will surely be back to try their other dishes, perhaps more of their Chinese and Japanese dishes. We'd also want to try out their events venue for small parties such as birthday parties.
- Keep the options on cuisine, but trim down on the choices of dishes, there's just too many making it difficult to choose among dishes that are all so yummy. Alternatively, the restaurant can offer set meals so that it becomes easier to order dishes for small groups.
- Weekend lunch buffet would be a good alternative to ala carte dining. This will also be easier to manage for the restaurant during weekends.
Event Place Rates
Industriya Marikina Restaurant & Events Place
No. 23 M. A. Roxas Street, Calumpang, Marikina City, Metro Manila
Store Hours: Monday to Sunday 11:00am to 10:00pm
Contact Number/Reservation: +63 (02) 6329225
How to Get There
Public Transportation: From the Santolan Staion of LRT2, cross the overpass. Beside the 7-Eleven branch, there is a footpath leading to M.A. Roxas Street. Turn right and walk toward Iglesia ni Kristo. Industriya Marikina is located right across Iglesia ni Kristo.
Pivate Vehicle: From Marcos Hiway (westward coming from Antipolo)), turn right on to Old J.P. Rizal Street (before reaching SM Marikina), then turn right to M.A. Roxas Street Extension (third corner from Marcos Hiway), then turn left to M.A. Roxas Street (second corner). Look for Iglesia ni Kristo. Industriya Marikina is located across Iglesia ni Kristo.
Disclaimer: Dishes featured on this article are provided by the restaurant for photoshoot and food sampling purposes only. Opinion on the food, service and restaurant as a whole is ours and is in no way influenced by the restaurant through incentives, payment or any other monetary and non-monetary compensation.