Radisson Blu Cebu is a multi-awarded five-star hotel in Cebu City located along Serging Osmeña Boulevard, easily accessible via a 30-minute drive from Mactan-Cebu International Airport and only 10-minutes away from the Cebu Port Passenger Terminal. This business hotel has a total of 400 rooms and suites featuring deluxe and state-of-the-art technology amenities.
We were in high spirits when we arrived in Cebu knowing that we will spend a night at this very sophisticated hotel. We first took notice of Radisson Blu Cebu back in 2011 when we visited Cebu for the first time. In my previous work as an auditor, I always see the Radisson brand as the business hotel of choice by our company's Scandinavian executives and consultants in Denmark, Norway and Sweden. That's why I had so much respect for this hotel brand. What was a dream of staying in Radisson hotel has finally become a reality this year.
We took a taxi from the airport which brought us to the hotel situated right next to SM City Cebu. I was just starting to check my Instagram feed after our taxi had crossed the Marcelo Fernan Bridge. The next thing we knew was we were already entering the hotel's gate. After the mandatory security check of bags at the entrance door, we went in to the entrance hall and were warmly welcomed by the hotel staff.
The reception staff assisted us with our bags to the front desk for check-in. The procedure was quick. After being issued with our electronic key cards, we were escorted by the reception staff to our room located on the 20th floor of the hotel. We later on found out that the 20th floor is exclusive for the Business Class Rooms, giving us more reason for anticipation as we approach our designated room.
We stayed in a Business Superior Room which is about 35 sqm. The spacious room fitted a king size bed, a minibar, a working table, a small sofa, a wall closet and an en suite bathroom, with enough space to comfortably move around the room. The earth-tone colors of the interior plus the warm lighting gives the room a cozy and laid-back feel. The 37" LCD television with cable channels also kept up entertained at the comfort of our bed.
And talking about comfort, our memory foam bed gave us so much sleeping pleasure with goose-feather pillows and a down-filled duvet even adding to the relaxing experience. Other bedside amenities are the adjustable reading lights, power outlets and an iPod docking entertainment system. Adding more convenience are the light switches located right below the reading lights.
The working area is another highlight of our room. I was able to work comfortably on the spacious table and the free high-speed wireless Internet kept us connected throughout our stay.
Radisson Blu Cebu is quite generous in providing power outlets inside the room. No need for travel adaptors because all power sockets are universal. There's even USB power sockets beside the desk where I was able to charge my phone while working on my laptop.
One distinct feature of a Business Class Room is the availability of an in-room Nespresson machine. For a coffee-lover like me, this is enough to keep me raving about Radisson Blu Cebu. There's also a generous supply of Dilmah tea.
Freshly brewed coffee right inside the room. Oh I love the aroma of coffee inside our room.
Other in-room amenities include:
- an electronic safe
- room slippers
- iron and ironing board
The en suite bathroom is fairly spacious and clean. It features a walk-in shower with rainshower head. The heated shower has excellent pressure considering we are on the 20th floor. Toiletries include bath soap, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion and dental kits.
We also got the chance to view the Business Deluxe Room. More spacious at 61 sqm, the room fits a full living area with a sliding divider separating it from the bedroom. Attached to the bedroom is a working area with a spacious desk.
Buffet Breakfast at Feria
Our overnight stay Radisson Blu Cebu came with complimentary buffet breakfast at Feria. We were overwhelmed by the wide spread of international breakfast dishes including Mediterranean, American, Filipino, Chinese, Japanese and even Indian! More than the variety of choices, Feria serves well executed dishes prepared by its respected and well-trained foreign and local culinary experts. Breakfast buffet is also available for walk-in diners at P810.00 net. Prior reservation is recommended +63 (032) 402-9900.
Here's a preview of what we had for breakfast at Feria. It is so far one of the best hotel breakfasts we had. We'll write a separate, more detailed, article about our Radisson Blu Cebu Breakfast Buffet experience.
One of the perks of staying in a Business Class Room is that we can avail of the late check-out for free (subject to room availability). Since we are not checking out until 2:00pm, we had enough time in the morning to enjoy and relax at the hotel's free-form swimming pool, the largest in Cebu City at 800 sqm. They also have a gym near the pool area.
In summary, here's what we liked about Radisson Blu Cebu:
- It is located in the center of commercial and transport hubs of Cebu City and is easily accessible via pubic transportation.
- The room is very spacious and clean. Deluxe amenities added to the relaxing experience during our stay. Bathroom is also spacious, water pressure is strong. We loved the Nespresso machine inside our room. Working table is also spacious. There's ample power sockets. There are bedside light switches for added convenience.
- The high quality bed is very comfortable, we were very well rested. There are bedside light switches for added convenience.
- Customer service is at par with hotels of the same standard. The front desk receptionist is efficient and helpful.
- Considering the size of the room, plus all the deluxe amenities available to guests, as well as the superb buffet breakfast at Feria, the room rates are very reasonable. It's great value for money definitely.
- It would be super awesome if the hotel could provide free shuttle service to and from the airport.
- Please consider installing a bidet to the toilet.
- Customer service seems a bit stiff. Filipinos are known to be hospitable, so the hotel should capitalize more on the delivery of a more personal and intimate approach to customer service.
- Award of Excellence from Booking.com’s Guest Review Awards for 2014. The hotel has achieved an overall review score of 8 above, based on a minimum of 10 traveler reviews around the world for outstanding commitment and service in delivering consistent amazing stays for guests.
- TripAdvisor 2015 Travelers' Choice Award Top 25 Hotels in the Philippines, the highest ranked among the three Cebu-based hotels that made it to the list.
- Named as the only 5-Star Convention Hotel in the Philippines by International Hotel Awards in London
- Recognized as the country’s only Group and Meeting Friendly Hotel by HotelPlanner and Meetings.com.
Radisson Blu Cebu
Serging Osmeña Boulevard corner Juan Luna Avenue, Cebu City, Philippines
Contact Numbers: +63 (032) 402-9900; +63 (032) 505-1700
Website | Facebook | Instagram
Disclosure: Our accommodation was hosted by the hotel but the opinion stated in the article is ours and is in no way influenced by the hotel.